7:37 PM

My first post


So I've tried doing the whole blogging thing before but it didn't exactly work out. I'm gonna try again and hopefully find time to update at least once a week. I feel like I actually have more to blog about now since my little prince arrived in the world.

An update on Hayden:
He's doing SO well. He's recently started "talking" to everything and everyone. Instead of crying to make sure I know he's awake, he "calls" me. It is SO cute and I love it! He'll talk to me, my Mom, our family and friends, his stuffed animals, his fish on his swing, etc. I haven't weighed him in a few days but as of last week he was 16.5lbs. Let me tell you it's getting so much harder to carry him in his car seat! He's also about 27 inches long. For 11 and a half weeks old that's pretty big! He's in the 95th-100th percentile for his height, weight, and head circumference. He's going to be a big boy! He definitely keeps me VERY busy but it's fun! We've recently started going to programs at the Ontario Early Years Centers which has been great! It's been fun getting to meet other Mommies and babies and Hayden seems to enjoy it. Well as much as an 11 and a half week old child can enjoy anything I guess :o)

An update on Me:

I'm really wanting to get going on getting my business up and running. It's hard right now because Hayden gets my attention for most of the day, but I'm determined to get it going! For those of you who don't know, I'm going to be doing custom invitation design! So for those of you who have weddings, parties, showers, etc., coming up and need invites done let me know! I'd love to get started and prices are very good compared to a lot of other companies out there!
I really want to be a part time stay at home Mom when my mat leave is over. Daycare is so expensive, I work 50 minutes away which means I'd be gone for 10 hours a day and by the time I paid for gas and daycare what's the point? So I'm hoping to be able to go back part time and spend the rest of the time with Hayden and doing invitations. It would be great for the both of us. I can't imagine being gone from him for 50 hours out of the week. Especially if he spends 10 hours+ a night sleeping. I'd feel as though I'd miss out on a lot of stuff. I guess we'll see what happens!

So anyway this is long enough for a first post and it's getting late. Better get my sleep while Hayden is still sleeping!!

0 comments: